• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mistypa

What is the name of your state? pa
i do not have a pa drivers license. it is currently suspended from when i was 16. i outran a police officer. over the years i have been pulled over for driving on suspension. i am 26 now. all fines have been paid and the last time i was actually charged was in 1999. is there any way i can get a license sooner than 2009-when pa says i am eligible? please help!

Bravo8

No, but you may be elligible for an Occupational Limited License. Take a look at PennDOT's website for the requirements.

M

mistypa

i applied for a occupational limited license and was denied for never having a pa license. it seems like once you're in the system, you can't get out.

M

mistypa

understandable, but i have 4 kids-two live with me, and i pay support for the other two that don't. i need to work to support my family and pay my support. all i want is a drivers license. something so minor as a drivers license seems like only a dream for me. i am still being punished for something that happend when i was 16. once you're in, you can't get out. i understand that it was my fault i got caught driving on suspension, but i have no other way.

L

loocpoc

mistypa said:
understandable, but i have 4 kids-two live with me, and i pay support for the other two that don't. i need to work to support my family and pay my support. all i want is a drivers license. something so minor as a drivers license seems like only a dream for me. i am still being punished for something that happend when i was 16. once you're in, you can't get out. i understand that it was my fault i got caught driving on suspension, but i have no other way.
Take public transit or taxi service.

Bravo8

No, you are not being punished for something that happened 16 years ago. You are being punished because you kept driving after you were suspended. Had you stopped driving then, you would not still be suspended.

Someone gets jailed for a crime and keeps escaping. As a result, he gets more jail time. After 16 years, he says, "I'm sorry, can I get out now?"........but the state says he has 6 more years. Under your logic, he should be released because the initial violation occurred 16 years ago. The fact that he never complied with the punishment is why there are additional penalties.

F

fjt

I read this and your post on 21 Feb. PA DOES have a statute of limitations (Title 75 Section 6302 paragraph "e"). This may or may not apply to you. I suggest that you get a lawyer to answer this. But DONT let them tell you that you need to give them $50 in order to get your drivivng records in order to give you a "free consultation". You can get your records yourself for $5 from the PA DMV by filling out form DL503. You can request this online at www.dmv.state.pa.us Good luck.

L

loocpoc

fjt said:
I read this and your post on 21 Feb. PA DOES have a statute of limitations (Title 75 Section 6302 paragraph "e"). This may or may not apply to you. I suggest that you get a lawyer to answer this. But DONT let them tell you that you need to give them $50 in order to get your drivivng records in order to give you a "free consultation". You can get your records yourself for $5 from the PA DMV by filling out form DL503. You can request this online at www.dmv.state.pa.us Good luck.
Wrong thread....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">