• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sherrib76

What is the name of your state? Washington State
I recently got a driving w/ suspended license and when I went to court I pleady not guilty, I did not know my license was suspended. I believed I did not have a valid license, I explained to the judge that I did not want an attorney, and he was real nice but kept asking are you sure, I thought that was a sign that I needed legal advice. Is this something I can represent on my behalf with alot of research, need advice. Thanks

HomeGuru

sherrib76 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State
I recently got a driving w/ suspended license and when I went to court I pleady not guilty, I did not know my license was suspended. I believed I did not have a valid license, I explained to the judge that I did not want an attorney, and he was real nice but kept asking are you sure, I thought that was a sign that I needed legal advice. Is this something I can represent on my behalf with alot of research, need advice. Thanks

**A: you believed you did not have a valid license?
You do not need an attorney because this is not a complicated case. This a clear cut case.
Either you had a valid license or you did not, at the time of the offense.

S

sherrib76

My license Expired in 1990. I never renewed it, for what ever reason, The year 2001 my license was suspended till I paid a 200.00 fine from 1993 and then I got a read out from the licensing Department and it said I just needed to pay a reinstatement fee of 150.00 and I could take the written test and the driving. So I figured I would do it when I had the money, I hadn't drove a car for over 5 years till I got this ticket and they said I was suspended again. I did not drive a car from 1998 to 2003. I had to be somewhere inportant and my ride didn't show, so I drove, which I figured a no license ticket would not be to much of a fine if I got pulled over and then this happened.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">