• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

happyhooters02

What is the name of your state? texas
i had my license suspended last month for 90 days for traffic tickets but i need to go to school 4 days a week 30 minutes away from my house is it possible for me to drive before the 90 days are up (june 6)?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

happyhooters02 said:
What is the name of your state? texas
i had my license suspended last month for 90 days for traffic tickets but i need to go to school 4 days a week 30 minutes away from my house is it possible for me to drive before the 90 days are up (june 6)?

My response:

It's "possible" for you to drive right now. All you need to do it put the key in the ignition and put the car in gear. You just can't "legally" drive until your suspension has expired. So, the problems you'll encounter arise when you're stopped by a police officer.

IAAL

Last edited:

spawn_x

OR he could request a restricted license (correct term??)

They grant those so you can go to/from work, to/from school, etc.

stephenk

best bet would be to check out the bus schedule. its safe, reliable and cheap.

you could also carpool with other students who live nearby.

since your license is suspended do you have insurance coverage on your car?

H

happyhooters02

yeah i have insurance for 6 months which i bought in january. does anyone know how you can try to get a restrictivelicense to go to school?

spawn_x

i believe you need to speak to Driver Safety.

Regardless, call your local DMV office and speak to them.

V

Va mess

see your dmv

I would talk to your DMV to see if the will issue a restricted licence for just the time and places you need to go for classes.

I know my sons was suspened for a time, however he got a restricted license for only to and from work.

S

s13sr20det

I once read from someone whose license was suspended for several moving violations and he couldn't get a restricted lic. cuz he was sober during his moving violations, it turns out that in some states u can only get a restricted lic. to and from work if u were sus. for DUI. Otherwise since u were "sober" when u comitted those moving violations, ur assed out

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">