• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AJ'sMom

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Last October(2004) I was pulled over in a city called Southgate,MI for speeding, and I was given a ticket for not having proof of insurance and speeding. I did have insurance but not on me at the time, and I had to send for another insurance card. I recieved the card almost a month after the I got the ticket, so I was not able to provide that too the court, to have that taken off. I only go to Southgate because I am in school. Last week I was driving my grandmothers car in the same city, and was pulled over for having a loud exahust system. I was not given a ticket for that, but for driving with a suspended license. Now I have to appear in court. I am unemployed and that is why I wasn't able to pay off both tickets, I have made a payment on the speeding ticket, but not paid it off. Can I go to jail for driving with a suspended license? :confused:

S

seniorjudge

AJ'sMom said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Last October(2004) I was pulled over in a city called Southgate,MI for speeding, and I was given a ticket for not having proof of insurance and speeding. I did have insurance but not on me at the time, and I had to send for another insurance card. I recieved the card almost a month after the I got the ticket, so I was not able to provide that too the court, to have that taken off. I only go to Southgate because I am in school. Last week I was driving my grandmothers car in the same city, and was pulled over for having a loud exahust system. I was not given a ticket for that, but for driving with a suspended license. Now I have to appear in court. I am unemployed and that is why I wasn't able to pay off both tickets, I have made a payment on the speeding ticket, but not paid it off. Can I go to jail for driving with a suspended license? :confused:
Q: Can I go to jail for driving with a suspended license?

A: Yes, but I suspect you will get a huge fine and lots of probation, along with no driving. When you finally do get your driver's license however many years it is down the road, you will have ungodly insurance rates. AND, if you get caught driving while suspended a SECOND time, you could face jail time for sure then.

But that's just my guess....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">