• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CBlasek

What is the name of your state? PA

Hey. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I got a ticket in Sept 04. Thought I paid it, but the check I sent them bounced. In Feb 05 I was in a accident. Hit by a drunk driver; police said it was the other drivers fault. But turns out my license was suspended due to not paying the ticket. I now have to go to court Apr 28 for driving with a suspended license. Once I found out my license was suspended, I paid the old ticket and applied to get it back. I am going to plead guilty. Do I need a attorney or should I just showup and plead guilty? It says I can go to jail thats what im scared of, dont want that to happen. This ticket is my only offense and it was for doing 63 in a 55.

Tx;
Charles

jity

CBlasek said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Hey. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I got a ticket in Sept 04. Thought I paid it, but the check I sent them bounced. In Feb 05 I was in a accident. Hit by a drunk driver; police said it was the other drivers fault. But turns out my license was suspended due to not paying the ticket. I now have to go to court Apr 28 for driving with a suspended license. Once I found out my license was suspended, I paid the old ticket and applied to get it back. I am going to plead guilty. Do I need a attorney or should I just showup and plead guilty? It says I can go to jail thats what im scared of, dont want that to happen. This ticket is my only offense and it was for doing 63 in a 55.

Tx;
Charles
I would not pled guilty in your case if:

While in most vehicle charged offences you can do what an attorney can do. The charged offence was driving on a suspended license. If you were not notified of the suspended license in some accountable manner and the check that you sent, you believe that is was a good check to the best of your knowledge then this would be your defense. Your other defense is that once known you paid the past ticket/charge.

I would call it a mistake and pled mercy on the court – and show up dressed nice – a suit would be best. If you think that you can’t talk before the court, higher an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">