• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended license due to mistaken identity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jc1200

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

After having spent 4 years in the service, I recently attempted to get a CA driver's license only to be told that there were "holds" on my driving record from MA. I was also informed by CA dmv that there were "holds" from NJ also to which they gave me a reference number. I was not issued a CA license.

Having been previously licensed in MA, I pulled my driving record from there and was able to cross reference that an NJ violation had caused my MA license to be suspended. Unfortunately, the MA driving record shows no detail of what the violation was. I then contacted NJ dmv to find out more details about the violation. I gave them the reference number and informed them that I had never been licensed or resided in NJ. They told me that they had an NJ address pertaining to the violator and then refused to give me any details about the violation on the basis that I'm not the person to which the record belongs to. They did not however clear my name. So I'm left with no recourse on how to clear my record. What kind of legal recourse can I use to clear my record in both states, and possibly sue for damages?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

double post warning.

OP, you can delete one of your threads. no need to have two. Thank You. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">