• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License/ Failure to appear/unpaid tickets I NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandichapin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA

I recently moved back to CA to find that my license has been suspended. I looked up my driving record to find that I have two unpaid tickets (one for a registration and the other for a traffic sign violation) and two failures to appear in two separate courts. I moved out of state due to military orders and never changed my address so I did not receive any notices. I know about the sign violation and simply forgot about it but have no recollection of a ticket for registration.
I need to get my license back for work but I cannot afford to pay a huge lump sum and an unsure of what to do now. Do i need a lawyer or can i go in to the courts and DMV and take care of this myself?

I know ive made a mess of this any advise please

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">