• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

c_love

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I'm 18, and on January 20th, I received a ticket on a local highway in GA, for going 80mph in a 55. I waited for the court date (Feb. 27th) to try to get the speed lowered or somehow the points lowered. The judge didn't allow me to do either, and I had to leave my driver's license with the court because I didn't have sufficient funds for the fine ($404). The very next day, after paying the fine, I was served with a suspension notice for 6 months.
My question is, I noticed on the back of the suspension notice the right to request a hearing.
Would I need an attorney to draft it for me? And also, is there any way for me to obtain a hardship license?

I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">