• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License Notice Received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JCSeymour

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I just received a Suspended License notice in the mail. I have 3 speeding tickets listed on my record over the past 5 years. One ticket was 5 points due to my speed being over 30miles above the speed limit.

Question - What is the best way to avoid having my license suspended? I am a sales person and need to drive. Should I get a lawyer or just submit an explanation in writing back to the court?

fairisfair

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I just received a Suspended License notice in the mail. I have 3 speeding tickets listed on my record over the past 5 years. One ticket was 5 points due to my speed being over 30miles above the speed limit.

Question - What is the best way to avoid having my license suspended? I am a sales person and need to drive. Should I get a lawyer or just submit an explanation in writing back to the court?
Slow down?;)

It may well be possible that suspension in your case is mandatory.

You really need to consult with a local attorney who is familiar with your state's traffic laws.

FlyingRon

You have a right to a hearing, but I'm not sure there's anything you are going to dodge the suspension. You already received a warning and had to attend the driver school, right? I believe for a points suspension (not the revocation at 12 points) you can get a work restricted license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">