• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License Warning for a Ticket I never got...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vccochran

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I received a notice in the mail today that my license will be suspended in two months time because of a failure to show up at court. Here's the story:

November of 2008 I got a moving violation (failure to wait 100 feet before changing lanes) - class D. It was in Portland, Oregon. Fine. Went to court, paid the fine, finished. Today I got the suspension notice about not showing up to court in Beaverton, Oregon (which is a suburb of Portland) for a ticket that I never got. I have no idea what the ticket is for, as there is only a "Docket Number" on it. I recently moved and changed my address with the DMV. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I got a Photo Radar ticket that got sent to my old address, even though everything is being forwarded for 6 months? I am so confused. The moving violation in November was a CLass D infraction and my first ticket ever at age 31. This seems horrible! Please help!

justalayman

call the court clerk and ask them if they can provide you with info concerning the ticket.

Other than that, you are simply going to have to go to court and find out what this is about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">