• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended Registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brando1679

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I received a no insurance/suspended registration ticket, along with a speeding ticket the other day. The owner of the car is my mom and she lives in florida. The registration on the georiga tag was set to expire april 29 and i received the ticket on april 26 for the above reasons. My mom decided to switch the car's insurance to a florida policy back in Jan, which caused the registration is Georgia to lapse. So as of april 26, I did have insurance and active registration, only it was for florida, but I assumed I still had active georgia coverage at least until the tag expired. I was wondering If i will need legal counsel at court, or should I just tell the judge all of this and hope for the best.
Thanks

JETX

I was wondering If i will need legal counsel at court, or should I just tell the judge all of this and hope for the best.
Thanks
You shouldn't need an attorney to tell the court what you said here (though an attorney would say it in a way that is understood). Go for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">