• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ridger

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

In 10/85 I received a speeding ticket in LA. I paid the ticket by mail, and forgot about it. I married and moved to FL, received DL, which have had since. Moved back to IL in 11/04. Received IL DL. Now received letter suspending my license. Contacted LA, DMV shows I have a clear record, but the sheriffs dept in the Parish says I didnt pay the ticket, and so it is my word against theirs. So ok, I will pay the ticket AGAIN, because there is no way to prove that I did or didnt. But then again IL says I gave fradulent info when I applied for my license when I marked that my license had been revoked or whatever it says. Of course, I marked no, because I didnt know it had been 20 years ago, especially when I lived out of state. What are my choices in this matter.

Unfortunately

You're yet another victim of State government negligence. I know this doesn't help you but know that you're not alone. The problem is that State government is currently immune from being punished. The State has free rain to destroy the lives of citizens with no repercussions.

It's long overdue for that to stop. You can contribute to this by not voting to re-elect incumbants and judges. And most definitely vote to unseat the current police chief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">