• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension for ftp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elko81

What is the name of your state? AR
I currently reside in Nevada, but in the year 2000 I lived in AR and in the course of that year was cited forminor traffic violations. I was making payments on those tickets but got laid off from work and had to move back to NV. A few months after settling in back in NV I called the courthouse to get information on the balance of my fines so that I could begin making payments again. (AR had also suspended my driving privilege by that time). I was told that I had to appear before the judge and the woman on the phone would not give me any other information regarding my balance except that there was a bench warrant out for my arrest. My question is, "Is there a statute of limitation for the bench warrant?" I cannot get back to AR to appear before the judge due to financial and transportation issues. It has been six years and I still can't get a DL in Nevada. I want to pay these fines and get my driving privilege back. What can I do?

racer72

Is there a statute of limitation for the bench warrant?
There is no set SOL for warrants, some jurisdiction will purge old warrants after 15 or 20 years, some never do. But the warrant is not your real problem at this time, the license suspension will remain in place forever. If you ever want a license, you will have to go back to AR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">