• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension Letter for Failure to Pay Fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kuchtr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I had previously surrendered my license for 6 months for failure to pay fines. Upon paying off all the fines and meeting the requirements to reinstate my license, I got pulled over. I paid all of my fines in full, including the last one; I was able to get my license reinstated. However, upon getting my license reinstated within a few days, I received a suspension letter for failure to pay fines--which was one of the fines that I paid in full. Apparently, the two "crossed in the mail". Since all of the fines are paid in full, do I still have to surrender my license? Is there anything I can do to keep my license? Is it a matter of contacting the local magistrate's office or DMV? Please advise. Thank you.

asiny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I had previously surrendered my license for 6 months for failure to pay fines. Upon paying off all the fines and meeting the requirements to reinstate my license, I got pulled over. I paid all of my fines in full, including the last one; I was able to get my license reinstated. However, upon getting my license reinstated within a few days, I received a suspension letter for failure to pay fines--which was one of the fines that I paid in full. Apparently, the two "crossed in the mail". Since all of the fines are paid in full, do I still have to surrender my license? Is there anything I can do to keep my license? Is it a matter of contacting the local magistrate's office or DMV? Please advise. Thank you.
Contact the court with a letter from the DMV stating that all fines where paid in full and the exact date of the final payment. Courts do take into consideration that auto-letters and administrative mistakes do happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">