• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp Tag Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

challenger1

I bought a car on 07-04-2014 from the state of Texas,which was shipped to me. I was informed that the temp tag on the car lasts until I get register and get my Permanent tag from the state of Alabama. The dealer told me that I had awhile to get my tag and it expires 09-02-2014. But I was pulled over today and was given a ticket for expired tag or no tag. When clearly I had a tag and its not expired. The officer claimed thats why he pulled me over, But thats not true. HE pulled me over because I was black and had a nice car and probably thought it was stolen. my question is can i fight this in court and did the officer give me a ticket just to be a douche bag??? can I get this ticket dismissed i have my paperwork....

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I bought a car on 07-04-2014 from the state of Texas,which was shipped to me. I was informed that the temp tag on the car lasts until I get register and get my Permanent tag from the state of Alabama. The dealer told me that I had awhile to get my tag and it expires 09-02-2014. But I was pulled over today and was given a ticket for expired tag or no tag. When clearly I had a tag and its not expired. The officer claimed thats why he pulled me over, But thats not true. HE pulled me over because I was black and had a nice car and probably thought it was stolen. my question is can i fight this in court and did the officer give me a ticket just to be a douche bag??? can I get this ticket dismissed i have my paperwork....
You have 20 days in Alabama to register a new vehicle and get a tag. You didn't. :cool:
I just acquired a vehicle. How many days do I have to title and register this vehicle?

Alabama law provides that any person acquiring a new or used motor vehicle shall obtain a license plate within twenty (20) calendar days from the date of acquisition. In order to register a vehicle subject to the Alabama title law, a title application must be completed before a registration can be processed. When a certificate of title is not required, only a registration is issued. A designated agent or their appointed deputy is required to inspect the vehicle prior to issuing a registration.
http://revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehicle/Registration_FAQ.cfm#RegFAQ9

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">