• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas driver's license - Speeding ticket in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rainxcret

I am a 21 year old female with a Texas Driver's license and I received a speeding ticket in the state of Indiana while I was passing through. I was going 85 in a 70 zone and I was wondering what I should do. The cop was nice and said he didn't run by card - does that mean there would not be extra points attached to my driver's license?

Also, if there are points on my driver's license (how would I know this?), do I need to go to Texas driver's school or Indiana's driver's school (both online) to reduce ticket? I'm scared how this will affect my insurance. I can't make the court date and would love any information about this! Thank you!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dan6924

You can go to your MVA and they will tell you how out of state traffic tickets are handled. You will have to pay the citation or you will probably be suspended until you do. Points may not follow you. If you don't show for court or have an attorney show up for you, you will surely be found guilty. Get to your local MVA

If your drive through IN or OH at 85 MPH, your chances of getting a ticket is pretty close to 100%.... I won't even pass a cop in IN, even if he is doing 65 in a 70 ... seen too many guys get pulled right over.

Will this ticket effect your insurance? Only your insurance company will know for sure.

The cop was nice...that's nice ..

If school is available I would assume its IN school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">