• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Speeding Ticket / Trial by Judge / Discovery Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Got_Banned

My question went directly to the sample set of discovery demands from the original post. Why should I start my own thread when I'm addressing this post?
Your question belong in your own thread because the present a completely different set of circumstances (yours), that resulted in a completely different citation (yours), issued by a completely different officer (yours), and is (was) being adjudicated in a different courtroom by a different judge (yours).

But let me end this pretty quickly...

I am being denied any material that would aid my defense and am left with nothing but my own testimony that under the circumstances it was reasonable and prudent to drive 75 in a 55 zone. .
The way Texas law works, is that a speed limit that is posted by the Texas Transportation Commission, IS the "reasonable and prudent speed" under ideal driving conditions. So your defense that you were driving at 20mph over such a limit, is actually an admission of guilt that both supports the information that is stated on the citation, as well as what the officer will likely testify to. And by the way, California law (regarding engineering surveys as well as LIDAR/Radar training) does not apply in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">