• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is ther a law that states...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boti

What is the name of your state?Illinois
Does anyone know right off hand if this is a law?

You have to use turn signal 100 feet before turning while stopped at a stop sign? I always thought you stop at sign, and then signal before turing, but I was stopped by police for failing to use signal 100 feet before turning.

justalayman

Poo is correct and in certain circumstances it can be 200 feet. It sounds like a pretty petty charge UNLESS the officer saw that it had caused a problem with traffic or he wanted justification to pull you over.

I was wondering......does this mean you can't change your mind once committed to an action? What if I thought I needed to go straight at an intersection and then upon seeing the road name realized I needed to turn. The law doesn't seem to give an exception for the human factor in life?

I didn't see a law against having your turn signal on all the time. Maybe that's why all the old folks always have their turn signals on :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">