• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a silver lining?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silver_lining?

OK, I received a seat belt ticket in the amount of 100$. Me being as stupid as they come, I did not tend to this matter immediately. In the mail is the request for my license and most probably a bench warrant! Now I need to A) get a license plate which requires a valid drivers license and B) a valid license to enable to get to work.
I now see the extreme ignorance of my ways and desire more than anything to get on the right road to success. Can ANYone give me any information on how to tackle this at first benign, now fatal error?

seniorjudge

OK, I received a seat belt ticket in the amount of 100$. Me being as stupid as they come, I did not tend to this matter immediately. In the mail is the request for my license and most probably a bench warrant! Now I need to A) get a license plate which requires a valid drivers license and B) a valid license to enable to get to work.
I now see the extreme ignorance of my ways and desire more than anything to get on the right road to success. Can ANYone give me any information on how to tackle this at first benign, now fatal error?
Why did you not follow the rules of this forum?

silver_lining?

it figures

Nearly laughable, Seniorjudge. You quote Franklin as saying not to be stupid of asking advise, then offer none yourself except "...the rules of the forum?" quip. Well I didnt because they were not obviously published.
I live in NC.
Could that possibly be what you are looking for? Free advise is just that, free advise, perhaps that is why we pay someone to offer it hoping it be more..... accurate and genial.
I was humble in my asking in hopes to get more responses, yet I find the worries of my worries being laughed at (in reference to Silverplum).
Typical.

patstew

I was humble in my asking in hopes to get more responses, yet I find the worries of my worries being laughed at (in reference to Silverplum).
Typical.
So you stumble into this forum, fail to read the instructions on the front page, and get smacked for it.

Kinda redundant, no?

Silverplum

now it is fully laughable and again the responses are typical.
So this is not going well for you. It's because you ERASED the autofill question, "What is the name of your state?" You didn't just not read the forum TOS or the rules for posting, you actually erased the question that is required of each and every poster. Because, you know, it matters. State laws vary widely.

But you know better than all the lawyers in the USA, and you are all mad now. :rolleyes:

Someone will be along, hopefully, who knows the answer to your problem in your state. You could spend your time making a call to the appropriate agency and get your q answered in a flash, at the source.

silver_lining?

That was suitable advice and for that, Silverplum, I thank you.
As for the me reading the TERMS and CONDITIONS my synapses is as follows:
*the accuracy, completeness, usefulness of any posting, status, legitimacy of persons responding is not substitute for advice for locally licensed attorney in Poster's own jurisdiction appointed or retained by Poster.
*Touches on real time editing by FreeAdvice.com.
*Posts submitted are intellectual property of FreeAdvice.com.
*Defermaton, fallacy of information, advertising and the like should be avoided by Poster and Post-ies and are subject to fines as FreeAdvice.com sees fit.
*Poster or Post-ies may receive emails or solicitations from FreeAdvice.com.

Under the LAW PAGE's terms and conditions, they are exactly the same.

Furthermore the only reference to listing Poster's state is as follows:
"As laws vary from state to state and are constantly changing, only a lawyer can provide you with specific advice to rely on. "

I am not saying that I didn't erase the Poster's (my) state question, which looks like may have happened, but per the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, I have met them all, thus far.

I live in the great state of North Carolina

JIMinCA

What is the problem with the people here??? This guy has a problem and he has asked for help. Instead of doing anything for him, you guys just poke at him with a stick. If you don't have anything legitimate to offer (and many people of this type don't), then why not just refrain from posting? After all.... the intent of this site is to share experience with similar legal issue that could help a person with a legal problem. This site is NOT intended to be a place to poke at people, give lectures or spout rightous indignations.

Free advice is supposed to be free... as in "without cost". I don't see the need of making this guy or any other "pay" for advice with a slice of humility and indignation.

Hopefully there will be someone familiar with NC law that can help without the "costs".

BTW, Silverlining, that was a good point about seniorjudge's disparity between his actions and his signature quote.

Last edited:

mommyof4

That was suitable advice and for that, Silverplum, I thank you.
As for the me reading the TERMS and CONDITIONS my synapses is as follows:
*the accuracy, completeness, usefulness of any posting, status, legitimacy of persons responding is not substitute for advice for locally licensed attorney in Poster's own jurisdiction appointed or retained by Poster.
*Touches on real time editing by FreeAdvice.com.
*Posts submitted are intellectual property of FreeAdvice.com.
*Defermaton, fallacy of information, advertising and the like should be avoided by Poster and Post-ies and are subject to fines as FreeAdvice.com sees fit.
*Poster or Post-ies may receive emails or solicitations from FreeAdvice.com.

Under the LAW PAGE's terms and conditions, they are exactly the same.

Furthermore the only reference to listing Poster's state is as follows:
"As laws vary from state to state and are constantly changing, only a lawyer can provide you with specific advice to rely on. "

I am not saying that I didn't erase the Poster's (my) state question, which looks like may have happened, but per the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, I have met them all, thus far.

I live in the great state of North Carolina
So, if you read all of that...how did you miss the big ol' orange heading at the TOP OF THE PAGE??? (that's right....just scroll up.)

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Now, to answer your question as best I can.

You first need to find out if there is a bench warrant. If there is, ask about posting a bond so that you will not be arrested until you get this cleared up with the court. If there is a warrant, this is beyond a simple seat belt ticket. You have to pay the seat belt ticket (or have it dismissed) AND go to court for failure to appear.

Once you deal with THAT issue, you can get your license plate and will most likely have your license re-instated.

silver_lining?

Thank you for the two latest posts. Both helped out in different ways.
As for me missing that large, orange, now painfully obvious text at the preface of the post, my only excuse is I am/was at work and tend to work very quickly scrolling to the pertinent areas of the blog. It is my entirely fault.

Thanks again

Silverplum

Thank you for the two latest posts. Both helped out in different ways.
As for me missing that large, orange, now painfully obvious text at the preface of the post, my only excuse is I am/was at work and tend to work very quickly scrolling to the pertinent areas of the blog. It is my entirely fault.

Thanks again
Huh. Good to know you finally *got it.* Of course, that was LONG after you were nasty to the responders. :rolleyes:

JIMinCA

Huh. Good to know you finally *got it.* Of course, that was LONG after you were nasty to the responders. :rolleyes:
I never cease to be amazed at the hypocracy here. You are another one that is frequently "nasty" to OP's. Just what value do you think you have added to this thread or any other thread where you are nothing more than "preachy" to the OP's.

Silverplum

Hugs and kisses to you, too.

I never cease to be amazed at the hypocracy here. You are another one that is frequently "nasty" to OP's. Just what value do you think you have added to this thread or any other thread where you are nothing more than "preachy" to the OP's.

silver_lining?

I was not being "nasty" simply concise. Sorry the sincerity in my typing doesnt carry over in the reading of my typing. I am the one facing grave legal issues thus it would not be in my interest to be nasty in any way. I have reposted my question under the same username, any responses from here on should be directly concerning my problem, not diction.
Thank you all.
-Travis

"Its how something is heard, not voiced"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">