• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

three tickets in a month

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannaluvlife

What is the name of your state?CA

I got 3 tickets this month... First one for crossing double yellow line on the freeway and the other two for running red light w/ the camera. What are my penalties for this??? Does my driver license get suspended?

HomeGuru

wannaluvlife said:

I got 3 tickets this month... First one for crossing double yellow line on the freeway and the other two for running red light w/ the camera. What are my penalties for this??? Does my driver license get suspended?
**A: stay off the road please.

garrula lingua

I believe they are each one point on your DL.; you should be able to go to traffic school on one, which will mean 2 pts on your license.

Four points, apparently, is the magic number for a 'negligent operator' ruling by DMV, and suspension of your DL.

Your DL won't be suspended, but your driving is atrocious.
Slooooww down.
You want to be around for a long time - you may be in control, speeding, but the car next to you can kill you by estimating your speed wrong & turning in front of you. Good luck.....& leave earlier, live long.

JETX

wannaluvlife said:

Each of those appear (based on ACTUAL citation) to be one-point violations. If correct, you will have a TOTAL of 3 on convictions of all of them.

And though you are allowed FOUR points in a 12 month period for suspension, if you are a minor, under 18 years of age, you may receive a 30-day restriction for 2 points in 12 months, or be suspended for 3 points in 12 months (12814.6 VC).

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/vioptct.htm

Pugilist

Fight them, all of them.

If the officer doesn't show up for the court trial, but your have, you win by default. If the red light camera photos don't come out, but your have shown up for trial, you win by default.

If you want to put together a defense beyond just showing up, I can suggest the following.

For the double yellow ticket, go to library and ask librarian for book on how to fight your ticket. He or she will have an excellent one.

For the red light camera tickets, do a google to find internet info. (The field is too new for there to be much info in books.)

Pug

JETX

'Pugilist', I think you have taken a few too many punches in the head.
What 'defense' do you propose for a citation for illegal passing (passing on double yellow)?? Come on... you can come up with SOMETHING, can't you. Lets see..... maybe the driver is color blind and thought the lines were blue.
Or maybe, he was driving so fast he thought it was just 'dashed lines' that were blurring to appear solid.
Or maybe....... forgive me for this one..... he DID pass someone on a double yellow.
We already know that the OP is a poor driver. Three 'have to get there fast' tickets in ONE month?? :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">