• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for 120

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teal99camarov6

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I recieved a ticket for 120... granted i was speeding my car does not go 120.. I have a feeling I was paced because he said he clocked me, but its not accurate.

Is there any chance of getting charged with a misdemeanor or anything or the charge upped to something worse??
I want to fight it but the cop did cut me a break.
Is there a chance I can get into more trouble???
I did volenteer to go to traffic safety course and i took it..
I'm afraid the judge will have me arrested if i fight it even though I know the speed is wrong.. what should i do??

edit: Cop said that if I plead not guilty he will tell the judge I didnt pull over for him (he was in an unmarked car and I didnt recognise his lights but still pulled over at the end of the exit)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

teal99camarov6 said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I recieved a ticket for 120... granted i was speeding my car does not go 120.. I have a feeling I was paced because he said he clocked me, but its not accurate.

Is there any chance of getting charged with a misdemeanor or anything or the charge upped to something worse??
I want to fight it but the cop did cut me a break.
Is there a chance I can get into more trouble???
I did volenteer to go to traffic safety course and i took it..
I'm afraid the judge will have me arrested if i fight it even though I know the speed is wrong.. what should i do??

edit: Cop said that if I plead not guilty he will tell the judge I didnt pull over for him (he was in an unmarked car and I didnt recognise his lights but still pulled over at the end of the exit)
**A: how fast were you going, do you have a stock engine, how old are you and was this your first offense?

Count your blessings, I'm astounded he didn't take you directly to jail and impound your car.

I'd talk to a lawyer with experience in your area.

teal99camarov6

i'm 16, second ticket, first was for 80 in a 65... My car is not stock, I have exhaust and intake but I changed the gear ratio from 3.08 to 3.42..

I did not program the computer in my car for the gear change so the speedo is almost 10% off meaning that the car stock limiting at 118 would actually limit me at 107.35 mph!! and i never topped out the car! How can I prove this in court? There are no speedo shops around so am I screwed! Court is on friday!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">