• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket in AZ. Help me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

v8eaterWRX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I received a speeding ticket this afternoon. I currently have 2 speeding tickets in the past 8 years, both of which I have taken traffic school for so they are not on my driving record. The most recent of these was 7/13/07.

My ticket was 46 in a 35 in a zone that is a school zone from 7am - 4pm with the lower limit, and 45 at all other times (damn the half hour). Ticket was received at 3:30pm, so 30 minutes later and I would have been legal. I had the cruise set at 45mph as that is the normal speed limit, I thought I was already past the lowered speed limit times.

I am fine with paying the ticket as it was my mistake, but I am not fine with unneeded points on my license just when I was getting ready to turn 25 and hopefully finally get some discounts. I am not a speeder, always set the cruise control to make sure I dont get out of hand so this is really aggravating for me. Any suggestions?

v8eaterWRX

And for what its worth, there were absolutely NO children present. Had I seen even one it would have snapped me out of my daze and I would have realized what was happening. It is no excuse but I am kinda out of my routine now. I am awaiting my first child in the next month or so, difficult times at work (sales jobs dont fare well in this economy), and just in general going in auto-pilot. Just hoping that this is not going to haunt me for the next 3 years.

Roo

A local attorney may be able to get the charges reduced to a non moving violation. The school zone is the tricky part. Most will speak with you for no charge, I'd give a few a call and see what they can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">