• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket on the carpool lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lupitaq

What is the name of your state?California
I got a ticket for driving solo in the carpool lane, if I don't go to traffic school does that affect my driving record? :confused:

S

seniorjudge

Q: if I don't go to traffic school does that affect my driving record?

A: If were ordered to go, yes.

N

NotACopOrLawyer

I am in California and observe at traffic trials a lot. While I don't pay particular attention to carpool tickets, I recall hearing judges tell people with tickets for driving in the carpool lane that there is no point attached and so they are not eligible for traffic school. I have noticed, however, that tickets for crossing the double doubles to get into or out of the carpool lane DO carry a point.

So, you should research this one some more. One place you will definitely want to call (anonymously, or or a "hypothetical basis") is your insurance company. Ask them what their reaction would be if you got a carpool ticket on your record.

NACOL

south

Go to court if you see the cop sitting there ask for traffic school when the offer is made to everyone prior to the judge comming out.

If you do not see the cop sitting there 'Touch Down' case dismissed.

lupitaq said:
What is the name of your state?California
I got a ticket for driving solo in the carpool lane, if I don't go to traffic school does that affect my driving record? :confused:

CdwJava

If the only violation cited was for driving in the carpool lane, there are no points attached and traffic school is not likely an option (as NACOL mentioned).

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">