• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for driving on the shoulder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks everyone for responding to my question.

Also special thanks to HeyThere for all the info.

I will be using that information.

I just want to make clear that I am not by any means trying to get out of paying a ticket. I strongly feel that he was wrong. I feel that it's worth a try to plead my case because he was in front of me on the freeway, near the exit, and he pulled over to the right shoulder. I followed him, thinking he also was exiting. Within seconds I discovered I was on the RT shoulder. There was actually time for me to pull right back into traffic but the police was waving and hurrying to my car that I thought something was wrong. Well it was just a good opportunity for him to give out an easy ticket.
Good luck...
However, using the defense of "the other guy did it too" doesn't usually fly. You were in the wrong. If you want to get out on a technicality - feel free to follow the advice given by other. You WON'T be able to get out of this based on the merits of your case.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let us know how your defense of technicalities (otherwise known as the Law) works out for you.
Yes, it absolutely is the law. But, tell me, what does our OP have to fall back on when the requested discovery is provided? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">