• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road in atlanta GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TruthSeeker35

Accidently i drove in a wrong lane, and before i coud correct my self the cop spotted me and then fined ... when i looked online on the site for payment, it says -- "driving on the wrong side of the road(first offence)" and the amount is $350..... i felt it is too much for this offence... any suggestions?

Last edited:

sandyclaus

Accidently i drove in a wrong lane, and before i coud correct my self the cop spotted me and then fined ... when i looked online on the site for payment, it says -- "driving on the wrong side of the road(first offence)" and the amount is $350..... i felt it is too much for this offence... any suggestions?
US LAW ONLY.

And if the online says $350 is the fine for a first-time offense, you don't get to say it's too much. The laws and lawmakers set the fine schedule for such offenses.

If you couldn't afford the ticket, you should have paid closer attention to where you were going and stayed in your lane, and not gotten one in the first place.

You COULD go to court and try to fight the ticket, and the judge MAY offer you a fine reduction, but some fines are mandatory and cannot be reduced in anyway. (Without knowing where you live, no one can say whether or not the fine for your offense is mandatory.)

st-kitts

US LAW ONLY.
Atlanta, GA... :)

OP, seriously, you think $350 is too much, but I think that is too low since I happen to drive through the ATL several times a month and I want to avoid head on collisions when I make these trips. Since I strongly prefer people stay on the correct side of the road when I am in town, I think it is fine to incentivize you to be more mindful by reaching into your wallet.

Last edited:

TruthSeeker35

US LAW ONLY.

And if the online says $350 is the fine for a first-time offense, you don't get to say it's too much. The laws and lawmakers set the fine schedule for such offenses.

If you couldn't afford the ticket, you should have paid closer attention to where you were going and stayed in your lane, and not gotten one in the first place.

You COULD go to court and try to fight the ticket, and the judge MAY offer you a fine reduction, but some fines are mandatory and cannot be reduced in anyway. (Without knowing where you live, no one can say whether or not the fine for your offense is mandatory.)

Hi Sandyclaus,
Thanks for the reply, firstly this is the first ticket i got for wrong lane driving -- and i haven't heard any one getting a ticket that high for this kind of violation**************i just felt it a lil higher that's all ... i do not mind paying it since its my mistake

2ndly , i did not say that i cannot afford the ticket, and the logic that if i can afford the ticket i can be reckless doesn't make sense...

3rdly here is a kinda similar situaltion a question was asked
https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/driving-ga-526592.html

-- i am just curious enuf to know is there a website where in they have stated that such violation has such fine so people wud know exaclty how much they have to pay?

TruthSeeker35

Atlanta, GA... :)

OP, seriously, you think $350 is too much, but I think that is too low since I happen to drive through the ATL several times a month and I want to avoid head on collisions when I make these trips. Since I strongly prefer people stay on the correct side of the road when I am in town, I think it is fine to incentivize you to be more mindful by reaching into your wallet.

"think that is too low since I happen to drive" -- are you special than other people around:confused::confused:?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">