• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for headlights not on. police made mistakes on the ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nietsni3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee, knoxville

i received a ticket for driving without head lights on. the police said it's a city (knoxville) ordinance citation. He wrote down the offense description but not the ordinance code. he also recorded my race incorrectly on the ticket. on top of that, he gave the court date but not the court location nor the fine amount in case i choose to pay without appearing in court (assuming court appearance is not mandatory for such minor offense).

It looks like a lot of technical errors were made on this ticket. so, do i have any chance to get off based on such technicalities? if no, what are my options + cost?

PS: my driver license is registered in Pennsylvania, if that makes any difference

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">