• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket - Illegal Passing Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

molinebuyer

Iowa

I was ticketed recently for passing in a no-passing zone.

Iowa code 321 303

I was following a pickup driving 25 to 30 mph and passed them on an S curve.

I felt they were going slow enough and I had a good enough view to pass within the 300 feet rule according to the code. I passed on a double line. The no passing zone sign was back at the intersection bolted to the back of the stop sign.

The ticket for court appearance was dated on Jan 19th in which there was no court.

Do I have any grounds to fight this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Iowa

I was ticketed recently for passing in a no-passing zone.

Iowa code 321 303

I was following a pickup driving 25 to 30 mph and passed them on an S curve.

I felt they were going slow enough and I had a good enough view to pass within the 300 feet rule according to the code. I passed on a double line. The no passing zone sign was back at the intersection bolted to the back of the stop sign.

The ticket for court appearance was dated on Jan 19th in which there was no court.

Do I have any grounds to fight this?
You acknowledge that you broke the law...

molinebuyer

Iowa code 321 303 does not denote an offense for crossing the double line.

It gives safe distance requirements for passing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">