• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket improperly completed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yeut47

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH-IO

Issued a traffic ticket (speeding)...

1) The officer (who is required to *sign* the ticket) did not... only a badge number and *printed* first initial and last name...

2) There is no box checked for how the speed was determined (radar, laser, etc).

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/ruleamendments/documents/Amend. to Multi-Count Uniform Traffic Ticket (MUTT)(FINAL) (J. Cline).pdf

Ohio Traffic Rule 3D1: "A law enforcement officer who issues a ticket shall complete and sign the ticket..."

Would either of these invalidate the ticket, or at least make it easier to get knocked down?

(And yes, I am looking for that "fatal flaw"... have NO chance on the merits...)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH-IO

Issued a traffic ticket (speeding)...

1) The officer (who is required to *sign* the ticket) did not... only a badge number and *printed* first initial and last name...

2) There is no box checked for how the speed was determined (radar, laser, etc).

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/ruleamendments/documents/Amend. to Multi-Count Uniform Traffic Ticket (MUTT)(FINAL) (J. Cline).pdf

Ohio Traffic Rule 3D1: "A law enforcement officer who issues a ticket shall complete and sign the ticket..."

Would either of these invalidate the ticket, or at least make it easier to get knocked down?

(And yes, I am looking for that "fatal flaw"... have NO chance on the merits...)
If that's how he "signs" all his tickets, then it's a signature.

I suspect you have no chance

tranquility

Making one's mark can be an "x". (It doesn't have to be an "x".) Anything meant to be a signature by the person making a mark IS a signature.

How speed determined is far more important. I'd find out in discovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">