• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket incorrect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danafair

Texas Law;

If a speeding ticket has all the correct information but identifies me as a Black male when I am a white female, does this affect the validity of the ticket?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tranquility

While minor issues won't invalidate the ticket, I'd go to court on this. You still have the right to remain silent. Don't lie in court. But, don't testify either.

tranquility

Go to court and have the witness against the OP testify that was the person. Maybe have a black man represent the OP. If not, then, as pro per attorney, play games to see if the cop can tell between men and women and black and white.

Lot's of tickets get written. But, not that many list people with no relationship to the suspect. Absent some pigment/nutering medical procedure recently, I'd say the OP wasn't the person beyond a reasonable doubt.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Go to court and have the witness against the OP testify that was the person. Maybe have a black man represent the OP. If not, then, as pro per attorney, play games to see if the cop can tell between men and women and black and white.

Lot's of tickets get written. But, not that many list people with no relationship to the suspect. Absent some pigment/nutering medical procedure recently, I'd say the OP wasn't the person beyond a reasonable doubt.
Are you suggesting that the OP lie to the court?

The collection of racial data has no bearing on the validity of the ticket.

tranquility

Being represented in court is not a lie.

If a cop writes down a white female as being a black male on the citation, all his eyewitness testimony will be in doubt.

efflandt

Is that in writing or check boxes? If it is check boxes maybe the ticket got skewed and your copy appears to have different boxes checked than the original.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Being represented in court is not a lie.

If a cop writes down a white female as being a black male on the citation, all his eyewitness testimony will be in doubt.
Fair enough - but you failed to respond to the second half of my post.

Furthermore, you stated yourself that what you are suggesting is merely "playing games"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">