• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket infraction not marked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smurph163

What is the name of your state? WA

I received a ticket for running a red light, but the officer didn't mark "traffic" or "non-traffic". The officer crossed off the 2nd option to a mitigation hearing because I agreed as to why I was being pulled over. So my only options on the ticket are to pay it or contest it. Since the type of infraction isn't marked, should I contest it, go to court and bring up the fact the infraction isn't marked and hope it gets thrown out or should I just pay?
Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That box is only there for record-keeping purposes. You won't get it thrown out because of that.

smurph163

Another question, does one infraction go on your record or both? And if mine wasn't marked either way, would I assume it wouldn't go on my record?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">