• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this ticket legit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skeptik

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

A while ago I received a complaint by mail for speeding on I-17 by the Automated Traffic Enforcement system (camera). I ignored the complaint for quite some time.

A few days ago they tried to personally serve me but I was away on vacation. However, my truck was outside. A family member came to the door and ended up taking the complaint.

My question is this, is this considered a legitimate personal service? Am I forced to answer to the courts now? Thank you for anybody's time.

racer72

Yep, the service was legit. This issue was addressed in a different thread from your state a few months ago. Service in Arizona is considered legal if delivered to an occupant of the residence over 14 years of age. Time to answer the Man.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

A while ago I received a complaint by mail for speeding on I-17 by the Automated Traffic Enforcement system (camera). I ignored the complaint for quite some time.

A few days ago they tried to personally serve me but I was away on vacation. However, my truck was outside. A family member came to the door and ended up taking the complaint.

My question is this, is this considered a legitimate personal service? Am I forced to answer to the courts now? Thank you for anybody's time.

you should. or you could wait until you have a warrant. and then be taken to jail when getting pulled over. how much worse are you waiting for it to get?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">