• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket For Not Stopping In A Strip Mall Lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krazedkr8tor

I was pulled over by a City of Aurora, Colorado police officer for not coming to a complete stop in a strip mall parking lot. Yes, there was a stop sign but my question is, how can the city police give a ticket for not stopping in a strip mall?

The 2nd part of this is, the ticket is written actual for an "illegal turn" which is a 3 point violation. The officer said that he was writing it for that because not stopping at a stop sign is a 4 pt. ticket and he was trying to save me a point.

I have the option to fight it in court next month. I have two legal issues. #1 - Is it legal to write a ticket like this on private property? Also, how do I fight a ticket that was written for something completely other than what I was pulled over for?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1: Yes it's legal

2: If you fight the turn ticket, expect to receive a new ticket showing the proper violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">