• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket not in system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EveraF

What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket two months ago and is due on friday march 4th. anyhow i tried to get and extension because i have not fixed the problem yet (need to make the car smog compliant), But the clerk said its not on the system yet so she is unable to extend it. so my question is did the cop throw it away and should i ignore it? he really did not want to give me a ticket after all. has this ever happened before? ticket was for no ins./ not registered (the car belonged to my brother i was getting it fixed and test driving when ticket was received)

S

seniorjudge

EveraF said:
What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket two months ago and is due on friday march 4th. anyhow i tried to get and extension because i have not fixed the problem yet (need to make the car smog compliant), But the clerk said its not on the system yet so she is unable to extend it. so my question is did the cop throw it away and should i ignore it? he really did not want to give me a ticket after all. has this ever happened before? ticket was for no ins./ not registered (the car belonged to my brother i was getting it fixed and test driving when ticket was received)
I would certainly not ignore it.

I don't know where the ticket is.

But go to the place where you are supposed to pay it and ask them if they have it. If they do not have it, then have the clerk sign on your copy of the ticket that it was not in the system yet. Have that clerk sign it (full name) and date it. Then keep after them till you get it paid or otherwise disposed of and never lose your copy of that ticket.

EveraF

will they still give me the ticket if i .....

will they still give me a ticket if the officer never turns it in because i have a copy of it,

Take your copy to the agency who issued you the citation they have the original copy, they can look it up and tell you what to do.

EveraF

its not in the system

well the thing is i want the ticket extended. i need to still register the car but its not smog compliant. i was test driving the car when i was pulled over. but she was unable to extend it because its not in the system. the ticket is due friday, the thing that has me is i wonder if the cop threw it away. he really did not feel like giving me a ticket after i explained what i was doing but had already written it, but if i go with my copy but the officer never turn in the ticket will i still be forced to pay it? if so maybe i should do nothing. one question i have is do tickets go in order of numbers. meaning if my ticket number is 73 62180 will the next ticket the officer writes be 73 62181 because both the ticket before mine and after show up on the web.

If the issuing agency can't find the original citation and the court doesn't have their copy, the citation should be dismissed. Yes the citations are in numeric sequence.

You have a good case for a dismissal BUT....

the driving system is THE hot political thing right now. So, one way or another, your state government will make sure the ticket stands. It won't matter how long it takes to get it into the system or whether they can find it or not. The State will take advantage of their immunity from negligence to get you convicted.

Is it a rip-off? Yes. That's because citizens haven't stood up and demanded that state government be held accountable and punished just like citizens are.

myworld29t

so you dont want to pay the ticket!smart move, oh and can you realize who in this thread actually implied that you pay the ticket, hence be carefull, the ticket might some how show up cause some one reminded them to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">