• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket from off duty officer (NJ)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acpproductions

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Long story short,I was driving to work (down a 2lane which opens up to 3 lane Highway). Left lane there is a SUV and a Black pickup. Right lane (the lane i was in) was a brown buick. I started coming up on the buick, and shortly after switched over to the third lane when it became available. As I started giving the car gas and moving past her, the black pick-up Swerved towards my car, so naturally i beep my horn. I then go to take the upcoming exit, and the black pick up shoots over 2 lanes and starts tail gaiting me.

We are now on the next highway , and the pickup shoots over 2lanes to the left and I stay in the furthest to the right lane. I can see/hear him yelling out his window. So finally I get fed up and roll down mine. He's yelling at me too pull that f--- over and that he's a f'n cop. So i told him to F off and im not pulling over.. This continues for some time. Finally i pull off, hit a red light and this guy parks his truck behind me and leaves his vehical. I then move my car forward some, and he gets back in and pulls his pick-up onto the shoulder next too me, and starts yelling that he's a F'n cop, Im getting mailed a summons, and if i try too fight it in court im going to F'n lose. etc..
He then drives off and as do I. I then call in to the OBPD and notify them what had just happened. They didnt seem to care too much, but I did notify them about this guy (officer or not) becoming enraged and threatening me.

Well today i come home and sure enough i have a reckless driving ticket waiting here for me. I just got done pleading not guilty, but what should i do? And how should i handle this.

CdwJava

What you do is go to court and challenge the citation if you feel you were not violating the section you were cited for. Hiring an attorney might be in your interest, but even if you do not hire one, you might want to consult one.

If you feel the officer was out of line with his actions and his language, you ask to make a complaint against the officer for his conduct.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">