• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket in PA-3111a - wrong drivers license # and state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tpcello7

What is the name of your state? NC

I recently was issued a citation in Penn. for PA-3111(a) (speeding). This carries a fine only but no points.

Our car is registered to my wife, in CT. My drivers license is from NC.

The officer wrote down one digit in my drivers license wrong, and also wrote that the license is from CT, but it is actually from NC.

They do have the correct address in NC (off my drivers license), and correct license plate and wife's address in CT.

If I do not pay this ticket, what would be the likely ramifications?

Thanks.

FlyingRon

It sounds like they have enough info to trivially find you. Once the drivers license # comes up invalid they'll note that you live in NC and try again.

tpcello7

Yes, but then it would not come up because of the wrong digit in the drivers license.
I guess the question boils down to - can they find me by my NC address?
thanks.
It sounds like they have enough info to trivially find you. Once the drivers license # comes up invalid they'll note that you live in NC and try again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">