• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for stopping at red curb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jasminebud

What is the name of your state? california

i stopped at a red curb to drop off my friend.
my car was not turned off or parked.
i received a ticket for $250. i told the cop i was going to drive away right then, but he said it was too late.

can i protest this? thanks!

HomeGuru

jasminebud said:
What is the name of your state? california

i stopped at a red curb to drop off my friend.
my car was not turned off or parked.
i received a ticket for $250. i told the cop i was going to drive away right then, but he said it was too late.

can i protest this? thanks!

**A: what did the sign posted state?

J

jasminebud

near bus stop

i don't remember what the sign said, but there was a bus stop maybe 10 yards away on the same curb.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The fact remains, you stopped your car - - even if only for a "blink of an eye" - - in a red curb section.

You violated California Vehicle Code section 22500(c), which states:

"No person shall stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle whether attended or unattended, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a peace officer or official traffic control device, in any of the following places:

(c) Between a safety zone and the adjacent right-hand curb or
within the area between the zone and the curb as may be indicated by a sign or red paint on the curb, which sign or paint was erected or placed by local authorities pursuant to an ordinance."

You're on the hook.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">