• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for unsafe speed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was driving and this other car accelerates, so I accelerate a bit too. Then we both slow down and the officer pulls me over, but lets the other one go. The entire time, the other vehicle is in front of me (diagonally).

He says I was going 64 and the other person 61, so I end up with the ticket. Honestly I have no idea how fast I was going, but it wasn't that fast since the speed limit was only 45. It was six lane divided highway. I feel 3 mph is in the confines of equipment error.

I didn't feel like arguing with the officer, but I have a dashcam video to prove the other vehicle was ahead of me and much faster. Do I case to fight this ticket? I'm not saying I wasn't speeding, the offer did not stop the other vehicle at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">