• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this ticket valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmerkn

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I got a Careless Driving ticket for doing 65 in a 55 and not signaling when I moved into an empty traffic lane (it was entirely empty. This occured at 1:20 in the morning). The cop wrote on there next to Careless driving 65/55 and 4-126 (the statue number for not signaling). However, he didn't check off any equipment used. Does that mean that the speeding part is invalidated? The guy said that he saw me doing 65. I told him that after I passed the car in front of me (I signaled when moving back into the lane), I saw my speed and slowed down (which I did). He also didn't put the municipality code on there, if that changes anything. He did write in the location though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">