• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticketed, but did not run a stop sign.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kasona

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi, I was driving along the frontage road and stopped at the stop sign. The Officer was sitting to my right under the over pass where he could not see me. When I turned to my right I passed him and he made a u-turn and pulled me over. He asked for all my stuff I gave it to him and he took it. Went back to his car a bit and came back and gave me a ticket for running a stop sign. Now first I didn't, my hubby was with me and he also says I didn't. We've taken 6 pictures that show the Officer can't see the stop sign from where he was and still sits. I've been to Court and all they really care about is how I wanna pay the fine. I told them I didn't do it. I showed the man the pictures and he said then do you want to have a trial and so I am. I need to know how to use my Picture evidence in court. I don't know how to do that and they at least prove that he could not have seen if I stopped or not. Also is this really going to matter it's really his word against mine isn't it.

Kasona K
P.s. I've also now seen this happen to a truck in front of me, and that person also stopped is there any way to get this stopped.

seniorjudge

Q: I need to know how to use my Picture evidence in court.

A: When the judge asks you if you want to testify, say yes (if you want to testify) and then ask for the pictures to be introduced into evidence. The judge will either yes or no.

And whatever you do, don't take them up to the judge. Give them to the bailiff. If you try to approach the bench, you're likely to get roughed up by the bailiff- and yes, I have seen this. Everyone in the courtroom had a good laugh at the defendant's expense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">