• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticketed for speeding this morning. Frustration ensues.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MongoosC5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I was ticketed for 76 in a 60. I haven't had a ticket of any kind in roughly 7 years. :(

I apologized for having done anything wrong. I stated I didn't know how fast I was going and was unaware I had entered a 60 MPH zone.

Would I be better off requesting Driving School (which I qualify for), Deferred Disposition (or is it Deferred Adjudication?) or should I plead No Contest (nolo contendre) (I am unsure as to the effect this would have regarding a speeding ticket).

Bottom line is I just don't want to lose the points or have it affect my insurance. I would prefer to pay as little as possible, but the points and insurances are paramount.

Thanks!

Last edited:

20pilot

Unless you have a REALLY strong case for winning at trial (which you don't, based on what you have posted) just take trafic school and keep your nose clean for a year (or whatever the duration is in your state).

Nolo just means you are guilty but you are saying that with a wink and a nod rather than standing up and admitting it straight up.It is a guilty plea in all respects.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">