• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rdk1421

What is the name of your state? texas

Last fall I borrowed my ex-wife's car to look for an apartment. In the process I was stopped and ticketed for driving w/out a current inspection sticker and no insurance. My question is: who is responsible?- the owener (my ex), or me for being nailed while driving the car?

HomeGuru

rdk1421 said:
What is the name of your state? texas

Last fall I borrowed my ex-wife's car to look for an apartment. In the process I was stopped and ticketed for driving w/out a current inspection sticker and no insurance. My question is: who is responsible?- the owener (my ex), or me for being nailed while driving the car?

**A: who is the ticket made out to, you or your ex? That is who is reponsible.

JETX

Actually, the driver at the time of the citation is responsible. It is incumbent on YOU to check the inspection before driving ANY car. You would also need insurance to drive.
Double DOH!!

HomeGuru

Thanks for, as they say in the field, "counter sinking" that one.
You can hammer it home anytime my friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">