• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tickets, Tickets, tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PositiveJustice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My license is suspended for failure to appear.

I am charged with 3 points total.

In the last 12 months i have received 1 point.

Also have fix it tickets.

I am eligible for traffic school.

When i appear to court, will my license be unsuspended?

If i appear to court, and set trials for all 3 points, will the judge rescind my licnese based on the fact that i have court dates pending?

thanks in advance.

CdwJava

I am charged with 3 points total.

In the last 12 months i have received 1 point.

Also have fix it tickets.

I am eligible for traffic school.

When i appear to court, will my license be unsuspended?
The court can choose to release any hold it (the court) might have, but they cannot order the DMV to reinstate your license. You will need to speak with the DMV ad find out what you will need to do to get your license reinstated ... IF you can get it reinstated.

No one can predict what a judge might or might not do. And, in the end, he doesn't have control over the DMV. All the court does is send the abstract of the court's decision to the DMV. based upon that abstract, the DMV might remove points, add points, remove a hold, or whatever is appropriate given the court action.

You should be certain to obtain a copy of any court paperwork because it is likely that the DMV will not get proper notice for quite some time, and if all the DMV will need to re-issue your license is an abstract absolving you of a hold, you might be best served by having a copy of the court abstract in hand when you go to the DMV.

- Carl

PositiveJustice

please excuse me.

I do not quite follow.

My license is suspended because of FTA.

Can the judge legally keep my license suspended if i chose to take all traffic cases to court?

Will all the fines have to be paid in order to release suspension?

Please simplify it for me, I am having a hard time understanding.

Thanks again

CdwJava

please excuse me.

I do not quite follow.

My license is suspended because of FTA.
Correct. When you failed to show in court, the court issued an order in an abstract (a written record of the ruling/order) and submitted it to the DMV. As a result of the court's order and the FTA, the DMV suspended the license.

Can the judge legally keep my license suspended if i chose to take all traffic cases to court?
Since i don't know all the issues with all the cases, I can't answer that. However, the court can maintain a hold on your license until you have met all the requirements of your sentence (penalty).

Will all the fines have to be paid in order to release suspension?
Almost certainly.

Speak to the DMV and they will tell you what THEY will need from the court, from you, or from anyone else, in order to return your valid license.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">