• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tickets for window tints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissJazzy82

What is the name of your state?

NEW YORK

About a month ago I was driving on a parkway when a cop in an unmarked car pulled me over because my tinits were too dark. The officer told me that the legal limit for tints is
70%. He checked the glass with a tint meter, one was 11% and the other was 34%, so he gave me two tickets. Both tickets are for the same amount. Can he give me a ticket for every window I have tinted?

He also gave me a ticket for talking on my cell phone, if my tinits were so dark like he claims, how can he be so sure I was talking on my cell phone? Is there a certain way i should approach this . I have a court date a month from now, how should I present my case? I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks a bunch :)What is the name of your state?

The Occultist

Yes, you can get a ticket for each window as each window is its own violation. If you fix the problem before your court date, the judge may be lenient and lower the fines for this, or even dismiss it altogether if you're lucky.

And now you're just being a smartass. You were talking on your phone when you shouldn't have been. Pay the fines.

xylene

I suspect one ticket is for rear to dark, the other is for side too dark. Seperate violations

IF They are seperate violations, the two tickets is legit

If it the exact same statute violation, then that is just stupid.

That would be like give two noise muffler ticket to a loud car with dual exhaust.

You should go to a GOOD (not street) tint guy who will give you the straight on what is legal.

As for the cell phone - the cop saw you.

NOTHING you could have been talking about was as important as driving. I hope you get a huge fine for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">