• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tinted Window Violation in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bubblecreature

I have recently got pulled over by State Police on I-290 because of a missing front license plate and tinted passenger window. The officer gave me a warning for the license plate, but gave me a ticket for the ONE tinted window. I have about 50% tint on the back windows(Legal in Illinois), but had only %10 on the passenger window ONLY and none on the drivers side. Illinois State law states NO tint can be on the passenger or driver front, so regardless I was breaking the law, but does anyone think this is worth fighting? Since I had minimal tint on the passenger side only (I pointed that out to the cop), would the court perhaps lower the $80 fine for just having ONE tinted window? The officer also did not have me sign the ticket, but had me sign the warning? Do I have to sign the Ticket to make it valid? Do I have to show up for court if I was not required to sign the ticket? Thanks

B

bubblecreature

That is what I am asking

I am curious if I go to court, will I get a smaller fine? Or am I stuck paying $80 for ONE tinted window? Do the courts have any leanency on this stuff?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">