• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title, Insurance, License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fgs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL
What do the police do with the information on your license, title, and insurance papers when you are pulled over for a headlight being out but not given a ticket because upon their inspection the lights were in fact NOT out? Does the computer query that they do affect insurance or anything else??

FlyingRon

Huh? The fact that you were pulled over has no bearing on anything. Unless they issue you a citation for something the insurance company won't know or care. I've never had a cop ask me for my title when pulled over. I don't even keep it in the car.

efflandt

You might want to take a look at yourself and your vehicle and ask yourself what you did to attract the attention of the law. Although, as long as you are doing nothing illegal you should have nothing to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">