• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic affence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sree

What is the name of your state?
colorado

Question:
I was reversing my car from the school parking lot and scratched the car next to my car and I don't have cell or pen to call police or put a note and went home which is less than 5mins drive and home phone is not working and it took me around 20mints to start going back to the incident. Before starting Cop came to my home and took my valid registration, license and insurance. Then he went back to his car and came back after 5 mins with one paper whis showing the following:
42-4-1402 careless driving 4 points
42-4-1606 failed to call police from the place of accident 12 points
42-4-1604 Left scene without leaving reqd details 12 points

and given the summons to attend the court after 3 months.

My driving history is clean (no points for past 8 years). Now I got 28 points just for scratch for other car(nobody is there in that car)

It looks like somebody observed and called the police.

So I don't know how to react with this and move forward. I would appreciate if you could give me some suggestions how I can move forward with this.

Thanks in advance,
sree

Ozark_Sophist

You need an lawyer. Your license will be suspended. From a quick glance, you license may be revoked for one year (leaving the scene).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">