• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kohu

What is the name of your state? Texas

I received a Traffic citation for doing 80 in a 65 and for "Following too closely". Anyways, there is no fine on the ticket it just has a court date. Once I show up, do they give me the cost? Or what will happen? Thanks.

C

CombatTN88

Kohu said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I received a Traffic citation for doing 80 in a 65 and for "Following too closely". Anyways, there is no fine on the ticket it just has a court date. Once I show up, do they give me the cost? Or what will happen? Thanks.
Texan,
It is because you will have oppurlatrity to discuss your punishment with the traffic judge. Good thing I gotten out of Texas

Regards, ex Texan

Rochelle

You can call the city court and get the fine amount and pay it rather than go to court. Unless you want to fight it, but you don't sound like you're saying you didn't deserve the ticket.

D

dubb

well according to most of rochelle's posts , anybody who gets a ticket deserves it. i have not seen this person say any officer was wrong in doing something to this date. rochelle seems to take it personally when someone says that an officer was unjust in either giving a ticket or arresting someone. so take rochelle's advice either way you want.

JETX

Dubb...
I suggest you re-read Rochelles post. She doesn't say ANYTHING like you claim.

Her post makes no claim as to the validity of the ticket. It only suggests that the poster contact the court to determine any fine (and her suggestion is correct) and that the writer doesn't seem to be challenging the validity or issuance of the ticket (correct again).

Your post however, is full of errors and inuendoes that simply don't support the facts.

Further, you imply that you have some prior experience with reading Rochelle's posts.... but with only 2 posts of your own, you obviously don't have much experience.

JETX

Re: Re: Traffic Citation

CombatTN88 said:
Texan,
It is because you will have oppurlatrity to discuss your punishment with the traffic judge. Good thing I gotten out of Texas
Regards, ex Texan
With all due respect, if the spelling and grammar shown in your post (and your Yahoo profile) is an example of your normal 'style', I have to wonder how things are going as a computer 'technician'.

From your Yahoo profile:
"Hobbies: Aviation, Law, Military, and Politics are major topics that General Hartmann are interested in. General Hartmann liked to play on-line military sims.
Latest News: General and Mrs. "Combat" Hartmann were married on 3rd July 1998 and had two beautiful children - Anna Marie and Cody. The family of General Hartmann resided in Tennessee."

And where the heck did you come up with the claim that you are some kind of "Brigadier General "Combat" Hartmann"!!!
Bet you claim to have been a member of Seal Team 6 also!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">