• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knieves

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I received a traffic citation for failure to yield the right of way. The deputy followed me for 3 blocks before pulling me over. I don't feel that is right. I want to go to court to contest it but question 1 is what do I plead? and question 2 is I really want someone to hear my side of the story. I don't think it was fair. Who can I contact? Is there anyone in court that I can tell this to or do I need to plead not quilty for a jury trial? Thanks. kn

P

plifter

The way it' s normally done is you first show up for your arraignment in court. This is the court date on your ticket. You enter a "not guilty" plea. Don't try to make your case to the judge at this point. Just plead "not guilty". I've seen people start whining to the judge at their arraignment and end up saying something that incriminates themself. At this point the judge will likely have the court assistant set up a trial date. Trials for traffic citations are usually bench trials meaning that a judge will make a decision and not a jury. Some states allow for jury trials in traffic cases.

At the trial the officer will have to show up (bonus, if the officer doesn't show up, which happens frequently, the charges are dropped) and will tell their story. You then have the right to cross examine the officer. You can file for a motion of discovery meaning that you will have access to the evidence against you before your trial. During the trial try yo find inconsistencies between what the officer did and said during the traffic stop and what they say during the trial. Look up the National Motorist Association's website. They have a lot of info for winning your case.

Good Luck!:cool:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plifter said:
BTW the National Motorist Association web page is:

http://www.motorists.com/

Look for the section titled "Fight your ticket" on the left of the page.
My response:

Plifter is an old, negro, Uncle Tom. He's always getting pulled over by the police because - -

"Sometimes I like to jack off while I'm driving and the tinting gives me a bit of privacy."

- - By member "plifter," February 24, 2002

IAAL

P

plifter

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

Plifter is an old, negro, Uncle Tom. He's always getting pulled over by the police because - -

"Sometimes I like to jack off while I'm driving and the tinting gives me a bit of privacy."

IAAL
Are racist remarks the best you can do? Why don't you show me just how stupid I am by telling everyone the title of the Supreme Court case where they determined that posting politically oriented signs on the same posts as traffic signs is Constitutionally protected free speech. Why don't you actually cite some facts instead of insults.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plifter said:

Are racist remarks the best you can do? Why don't you show me just how stupid I am by telling everyone the title of the Supreme Court case where they determined that posting politically oriented signs on the same posts as traffic signs is Constitutionally protected free speech. Why don't you actually cite some facts instead of insults.
My response:

That wasn't an insult or a racist remark. You're the one who admitted to being Negro. I'm just reminding you of the fact. That's all.

I already told you, I won't discuss legal subjects with you. And, I never will. But, I will discuss your tinted windows in your Negromobile - -

IAAL

P

plifter

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
That wasn't an insult or a racist remark. You're the one who admitted to being Negro. I'm just reminding you of the fact. That's all.

I already told you, I won't discuss legal subjects with you. And, I never will. But, I will discuss your tinted windows in your Negromobile - -

Yes, that's a racist remark. You never discuss legal matters with anyone because you aren't a lawyer and you know nothing about legal matters. "

"Can you find some new material please"?

IAAL [/B]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You see, Plifter, you're so insecure about your race, your color, and your heritage, that you believe that any reference to your color is "racist." That's why you get into trouble with the police all the time. You use the "race card" too often, and you refuse to take responsibility for breaking the law.

As an example of your lawlessness, you like to do things that are socially unacceptable, and which your Mammy never taught you were wrong - - for instance, you said - -

IAAL

P.S. I don't have to justify myself to you. If you don't want to believe I'm an attorney, that's you're business. If I choose to keep saying that you're a Negro, and reminding you of that FACT, it's not "racist" to do so - - it's my business.

D

dabear

You don't believe what is fair exactly? The officer waited three blocks to stop you? I don't know the circumstances surrounding your stop because you really didn't give any. But the officer has plenty of reasons for waiting three blocks to stop you. The most important one is making the stop where it is safe to do so.

K

knieves

Wisconsin

There really weren't any circumstances. On my way to work I need to go over a bridge. He was waiting just over the top. When I went past him he started following me. (No, I wasn't speeding.) He followed down the off ramp, through an intersection to another intersection where I proceeded to turn left. (This is were he said the incident took place.) He said I turned in front of someone (failure to yield the right of way on a left hand turn). He followed me to the next side street where he proceeded to follow me as I turned right and then as I turned left on another street. These were all side streets and he had plenty of opportunity to pull me over, even at the site of the incident. Matter of fact, he was so far behind me, that I literally could have ditched him when I rounded one of those corners. (Although I didn't think of it at the time.) He asked me what happened back there and I literally had no idea which intersection he was taking about. I told him I saw no car. I know the light was green when I turned so it wasn't like a was running a yellow. Then he gave me the ticket. That's it. I just don't think it was fair that I was followed so much. I knew from the moment he started following me on the bridge that he was going to pull me over for something, I just did not know what.

Rochelle

IAAL, plifter just keeps hoping that by trying to discredit you and your valuable advice, that no one will remember his jack-off comment. Problem is, he keeps changing his stories about who he is. Now I have the time but not the inclination to go back and pull up all his stupid posts, but YOU know what I mean. He's come here under different names and tried to claim some expertise or another. But IAAL remains IAAL, and that just drives that peckerhead crazy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">