• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kondia

What is the name of your state? PA

I went thru a yellow traffic light and got pulled over and the cop said it was red and gave me a citation. I plead not guilty and paid the $124.00 for the ticket plus court cost. I recieved a letter in the mail from the magistrates office telling me when I need to appear, when I went there they told me the officer requested a conituance but I never recieved notice of it so they told me when to come back, which was today. When I went before the judge she told me the office did not show up so she was dimissing the case and I should recieve a refund in the mail unless the officer refiles the citation. I don't understand why he gets another chance to file the citation. This is twice now I missed work to appear and it didn't proceed because of the officer. Can anyone explain this to me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You haven't been tried on the citation. The officer may refile if he (or she) chooses to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">