• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic citation, failure to appear, now license suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajsandiego

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I received a ticket Sept 2015 for not coming to a complete stop at stop sign. received notice with ticket fine of $240. I set up payments and my friend used his debit card to make payments. For some reason the payments didn't get posted, and in August of this year I got a notice from my insurance company saying they were going to suspend my insurance next month for a suspended license. I did some research and found out that the DMV suspended my license back in Mar 2016 for failure to appear, they said I know owe $550, plus $60 for license reinstatement. They said they issued a notice about drivers license but I never received it. I am on disability and been fighting with medicare, Part D to cover my medications. That's another story, but I can't afford that amount, but need to get my license back for doctors and hospital visits. I am going to the court monday to check out possible solutions to either get installment payments to pay the fine, but would they allow me to get my license back while I'm paying the payments?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I received a ticket Sept 2015 for not coming to a complete stop at stop sign. received notice with ticket fine of $240. I set up payments and my friend used his debit card to make payments. For some reason the payments didn't get posted, and in August of this year I got a notice from my insurance company saying they were going to suspend my insurance next month for a suspended license. I did some research and found out that the DMV suspended my license back in Mar 2016 for failure to appear, they said I know owe $550, plus $60 for license reinstatement. They said they issued a notice about drivers license but I never received it. I am on disability and been fighting with medicare, Part D to cover my medications. That's another story, but I can't afford that amount, but need to get my license back for doctors and hospital visits. I am going to the court monday to check out possible solutions to either get installment payments to pay the fine, but would they allow me to get my license back while I'm paying the payments?
That's a great question to ask of the courts. Let us know how it goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">